Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Guacamole

Today is my first day back from 5 days of bed rest due to a minor neck injury.  I spent the last few days watching a lot of movies. The problem was I really wanted popcorn so instead I made and guacamole.  The first day I wasn't minding this so much, but then it got boring, but enough about me let's take Guac. 

Ingredients:

3 avocados
1 medium onion
1 tomato
1 jalapeno
1 lime
cilantro
salt
pepper

Directions:

Now I am no pro at cutting avocados so if you are not sure how to prep an avocado you may want to watch a video on youtube. Basically, cut the avocados in 1/2 (not all the way through because of the pits), remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. I find a fork works well to mash up the avocados.  I leave a pit in the bowl to keep the avocados from getting brown. Chop up the onion, tomato, and jalapeno then place in bowl. If you don't like spicy I would leave out the jalapeno or don't put as much.  Next, squeeze in the lime juice.  Then, add some salt, pepper and cilantro to your liking.  Last mix everything together!

I found some raw flax seed crackers to dip, but I prefer eating with carrots. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment